Planning is of the utmost importance to achieve investment planning goals. A clear understanding of each client’s personal financial objectives, current financial situation, return expectations and risk tolerance provides an initial starting point.
Asset allocation and diversification are investment methods used to help manage risk. They do not guarantee investment returns or eliminate risk of loss including in a declining market.
- Strategic Asset Allocation is the most important diversification concept available to help understand risk/return assumptions, and to help obtain realistic total returns.
- In long-term investing, realizing that it is our best opportunity for reaching our goals.
- That over time, equities offer the only true inflation hedge.
- Investment styles come in and out of favor with each having their day in the sun. It is important to maintain a long-term, disciplined approach to investing.
- Interest rate changes develop over long periods of time and by laddering maturities you reduce the need to stay short-term or guess at interest rate directions.
- Today is always the hardest time to invest and the best time to start.
- Investors are afraid of market declines but they should be more afraid of missing future gains.
- The great long-term risk is outliving your savings.
- There will be down markets. How an investor reacts during these down times will determine ones success, rather than how the investments perform.
- In keeping losses on investments small, but allowing profitable investments to continue to grow.
- That you cannot invest as effectively without our guidance and encouragement. Our job is to keep clients on an even keel and focused on long-term goals and objectives.