John F. Ortolf, CFP, ChFC
Senior Financial Advisor
- Do you remember planning for that last big vacation? Most people spend more time planning for their vacations than planning for their retirement. I help my clients plan for their retirement… \the longest vacation of their lives.
- I work with retirees, pre-retirees, small business owners, and executives, to develop comprehensive investment plans based on your goals and objectives. By understanding you, and the financial forces at work in your life, I create a plan to help understand and respond effectively to these forces.
- My priority is building a relationship of trust so we can work closely and choose the financial strategies that are most appropriate for you.
- Working as an investment planner since 2001, I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional with a Master of Science degree in Personal Financial Planning. I hold the Chartered Financial Consultant® designation, Series 7, 31, 63, & 65 securities registrations, and Life, Annuity, & Long Term Care Insurance licenses.
- In 2001 I retired from the US Navy at the rank of Commander after a 20 year career as a Naval Flight Officer. Flying the EA-6B Prowler aircraft, I have over 2000 military flight hours and 620 aircraft carrier arrested landings. My priority then as now, is risk management.
Senior Vice President
Senior Financial Advisor
Wells Fargo Advisors Financial Network
Mar 2016 – Present
Vice President, Financial Advisor
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
Mar 2001 – Mar 2016
Commander, United States Navy, Retired
United States Navy
Aug 1980 – Feb 2001
Oak Harbor, WA, and additional US and foreign posts
Master of Science, Personal Financial Planning, 2010
College for Financial Planning, Centennial, CO
Bachelor of Arts, Geography, 1980
University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
Rotary International, District 7430
Assistant Governor, Area 8, 2016-2020
The Robert J. Leonard Foundation
Board of Directors
The Bucks County Estate Planning Council
Past President, 2017-2018
Board of Directors, 2014-2020
Rotary Club of Doylestown
Past President, 2014-2015
The Financial Planning Association
Certified Financial Planner™
Apr 2007 – Present
The Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.
Chartered Financial Consultant®
Mar 2014 – Present
The American College
Honors & Awards
Rotarian of the Year, Apr 2016
The Rotary Club of Doylestown, PA
Selected Military Medals and Awards
- Meritorious Achievement Medal (Three Awards)
- Air Medal (2 Strike/Flight Awards)
- Navy Commendation Medal (Four Awards)
- Navy Achievement Medal
- Recruiter of the Year, Navy Recruiting District Albany
Skills & Services
- Retirement Planning
- Investment Planning
- Asset Allocation
- Risk Management
- Estate Planning Strategies
- Long-Term Care Planning
- Education Planning
- Life Insurance
- Qualified Retirement Plans
- Defined Contribution Plans
- I believe in working for a cause and helping others. I became a financial advisor because I know the impact I can have on people’s lives by guiding them to make financially sound decisions whether it be investment based or not. I am Series 7 and 66 registered. My focus is on providing exceptional service to clients. Please call me with any questions you may have.
- I am a forward-thinking, diligent and devoted individual who enjoys learning and meeting new people. I am an MBA candidate enrolled part-time at the Fox School of Business at Temple University.
- I’m passionate about leading and promoting a balanced, positive lifestyle through supporting others, eating clean, practicing yoga, being mentally aware and giving back to the community.
- In my free time I enjoy being with my family and friends, participating in active outdoor activities and trying new restaurants and foods!