Your investment account through the PIM® program is structured to let your Portfolio Manager make investment decisions on your behalf based on your risk tolerance and financial objectives. When selecting the securities for your portfolio, your Portfolio Manager conducts a detailed analysis of companies, industries, and overall economic conditions. In managing the account, your Portfolio Manager constructs an appropriate asset allocation strategy based on his or her personal investment style. The construction process attempts to maximize returns while minimizing risk to the overall portfolio. Only a small percentage of our Financial Advisors have met PIM program standards and are eligible to act as PIM program Portfolio Managers. Financial Advisors granted the PIM Portfolio Manager designation must meet rigorous criteria which may include the following:
- Proven experience as a Portfolio Manager
- Substantial assets under management
- Our firm’s requirement for industry experience
- Successful completion of FINRA Series 65 or 66 exam
- Branch Office Manager/Qualified Supervisor and Regional President approval
- Completed our advanced training program
The PIM program is not designed for excessively traded or inactive accounts and is not appropriate for all investors. Please carefully review the Wells Fargo Advisors advisory disclosure document for a full description of our services. The minimum account size for this program is $50,000.